I know its been a really long time since I’ve showed up here, but I decided to come back to write a recipe that some people asked for in my Instagram.
I’ve done it a couple of times and it turned out great! I love it because it has whole wheat flour, brown sugar, and an ingredient that I’ve been trying to add to my daily diet: Coconut oil!
Here it goes!!!
- 7 tablespoons of coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup of flour (regular)
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 bananas (mixed and “crushed”)
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Oat flakes to sprinkle on top!
- PS: you can also add raisins, raspberries, and nuts. It also turns out amazing!
1. Preheat you oven to 180°C
2. Add all of the ingredients above in the order they are listed, mixing the batter by hand
3. Transfer the mix to a greased and floured bread mold (or cake!)
4. Sprinkle the oat flakes and put it in the oven for about 45 min, and enjoy!!!